Friday, May 28, 2010

Friday Field Trip


When I ask the kids what they think of when they think of "summer", they all included "Friday Field Trips" -- a day we look forward to all week when we will go exploring and find something new and fun to see. Today we went to see a fairly new museum in Tucson called "The Mini Time Machine" house of miniatures. It was a pretty cool place, though we were in and out in 1 1/2 hours. There were literally hundreds of miniature displays from around the world. I can't imagine making such intricate pieces! We got to search for a fairy who was hiding in 5 different places throughout the museum -- the kids found them all, and as a reward they were given miniature erasers -- fun touch!

4 comments:

Serendipity said...

Jenny just told me you started a blog --
What a fun surprise! It looks like y'all are doing great & having a fun summer...

Summertime Designs said...

That is so cool! I love when I hear about new things to do in Tucson. I'll have to find out more info from you. And I love the idea of "Friday Field Trips"...I'll probably snag the idea from you!

Jenny's Joy said...

Looks like a great first field trip! Can't wait 'till your field trips bring you up here!

Jaimee said...

Once again you have another great idea! Okay, this one my kids and I both want to add to our summertime routine! I'll have to call you to steal some of your location ideas! It was fun to go to the movies together today. I look forward to catching up more on Thursday. See you then!

Followers