
We're following our summer tradition introduced by Aunt Cristin a few summers ago . . . book of the week. Yesterday we read "Dogs Don't Wear Sneakers" and made fun animal clothespin magnets. Initially I had intended to read "An Animal Strike at the Zoo . .. it's True", but misplaced it and had to think of a quick alternative. It worked out well. Another fun option would be to have the kids draw their own funny and imaginative animals, but the kids were set on the clothespin animals so we just closed our eyes to imagine funny animals.
3 comments:
Love It!
What a tremendous idea! And those clothespins can be bookmarks for your summer readings! Do you always do books that you own, or do you take trips to the library too?
Actually I really like to use books from the library that are new to us, but this first one I had to kind of throw together:)
Post a Comment