This post is for you Jen . . . the quilts are done (check) -- I actually had a lot of fun with them. My friend Sarah Bisel wrote a wonderful quilting book called Fast, Flirty and Fun. She inspired me to start the birthday and garden quilt a year ago, and it's taken me this long to get them finished. I was scared of the machine quilting and binding process -- new to me. There was a little something about being sick for several months that stopped my progress as well :) Anyway, in May the girls and I went to see our friends the Jarmans and Wendie walked me through the machine quilting process - it really is forgiving -- thanks Wendie!! I followed the instructions for binding in Sarah's book and I was surprised at how easy it actually was!!! Thanks Sarah! The rag quilt is for the baby and I just found instructions on-line. I'm in love with the nubby fabric on the back, but unfortunately it doesn't fray as well as flannel -- hopefully that will come more with time and washings. (Sorry for the crazy sideways pics once again!)
My kids are definitely learning the definition of "nesting" as I've now moved on to attacking the house -- big black trash bags dejunking every corner! Today's goal -- my closet (agh)!
Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Kate, I love them!! They are beautiful! I am so impressed you got them all done. You gotta love nesting!
Very fun projects! You must be getting so excited.
I'm impressed that you are in 'nesting mode'. That is so great!
Sadly,that mode never hit me until I was a week or so from delivering..and then cleaning/organizing was the last thing I wanted to do! :)
Enjoy!
Post a Comment