Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The end of Summer

Well, I suppose this means summer is officially over.  The 3 big crazies (kids) all headed back to school yesterday.  The end of summer is bittersweet for me.  I love having the kiddos around all day.  We had a lovely summer -- lots of swimming in the pool, Friday field trips, play dates, exploring, and most exciting -- welcoming Nana and D home from the mission field and our family reunion.  BUT, for the most part they came home happy and excited for the new school year -- and that makes me happy.  And now the nesting can begin as we countdown the next 10 or so weeks until our sweet babe arrives --  my goals for the next 2 (maybe 3) weeks include getting all the scrapbooks updated and finishing 3 (small) quilts that are in various stages of completion.  I better go get busy!! 



2 comments:

Suzanne Woods said...

I love those crazies, and I'm glad they're excited to be back in school. August 8 is way too early to start though!

James will be heading into Arizona tomorrow (Flagstaff) to hike the Grand Canyon with his group. Hope they can take the heat! (They've been doing pretty well so far).

Jenny's Joy said...

That's a great picture!

Followers