Saturday, December 4, 2010

Celebrating . . .

Today we celebrated little S's FOURTH birthday!  I can't believe my baby is getting so big and grown up!  She is a lot of fun, full of energy and zest for life.  She's been working so hard in her speech therapy and is really improving. The other day both D and I noticed independent of one another how much better we could understand her speech -- hooray!  It's amazing how much older she seems when we can understand her. 

S has been planning her birthday party for months -- the theme has changed about 106 times.  Finally I put my foot down and declared it a CUPCAKE PARTY!  For me it was the perfect party for a 4 year old girl, and the weather was so delightful we were able to move it outside.  We made little cupcake necklaces, played pin the cherry on the cupcake, and bean bag toss into a muffin tin, etc . . . Everyone decorated their own cupcakes, too, which was a lot of fun. 

I hope S had a fun time.  She seemed a little under the weather and had to be awakened from her nap to get ready for her party.  So she was a little quiet and grumpy at times. BUT once everyone left she seemed to have a wonderful time playing with her new toys.  D was snuggling her tonight as she was getting ready for bed.  He said, "Are you my little Sarah?" to which she responded, "No, I'm the birthday girl!" 

 
 

  
 
 

2 comments:

Serendipity said...

Happy birthday Sarah!

Jenny's Joy said...

It looks like it was a great party! I love, love, love that you could do it outside. Happy Birthay!

Followers