Monday, November 14, 2011
Feeling Loved
Today is C's 4 week "birthday" and tonight I will be making dinner for the first time since her birth -- actually since before her birth since my mom insisted I stay out of the kitchen as soon as she and my dad got into town. My parents were SO wonderful and helpful while they were here for 2 1/2 weeks, and I have to admit I felt overwhelmed as they pulled out of town. Then to my surprise, we started receiving nightly dinners. I have felt so loved by the outpouring of friends (and meals) that have made their way to our door this month! I'm blogging this to say thank you and also as a reminder to myself of the lesson I have learned this month. That is, to be more aware of others and to remember that even what I might consider a simple dinner could be so appreciated by someone in need. We have been given elaborate meals (note the baby cookies), and also what friends have called "simple" meals, but honestly we have loved every one! Thank you, thank you to everyone -- and especially to my dear friend Tina who took it upon herself to arrange it all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
This post made me happy. I am so happy and grateful that you have so many wonderful people around you to help you out. Hope I get to see you soon!
Post a Comment