Sunday, September 25, 2011
A Big Day
Today was a big day for our E -- she turned TWELVE and entered the Young Women's Program at church. It was happy and emotional. I'm so proud of the young woman she is becoming! Here are TWELVE things that I especially enjoy about her (in no particular order) --
1 - I love that in this modern age her biggest birthday wish was to get a crafting center for her room -- she is so creative!
2- I love that she has the same passion for reading as I do and that we can share books and get into series together!
3 - I love that she is SO very excited for Miss Chloe to arrive -- even though that means often poking my tummy to awaken the little babe.
4- I love that she is sporty -- I never was and always wished I could be more sporty. I love watching her play volleyball and ski and run and just go out and try new things.
5 - I love that she doesn't feel the need to conform to others' ideas of what is right or cool.
6- I love that she is a hard worker. She sets goals for herself and then works hard to meet them.
7 - I love that she enjoys shopping -- we could literally spend hours shopping together and never get tired -- if only we could do it more often:)
8 - It makes me smile that she grosses out at soggy bread just like her Aunt Jen :)
9 - I love that she is so helpful around the house!
10 - I love that she is old enough to babysit now!! Ah, the freedom -- I don't have to clean the house now before picking up the babysitter every Friday night:)
11 - I love her laugh -- I can pick it out a mile away. Well, maybe not a mile, but I was at the school last week and before I could see her I could hear her laughing!
12 - I love her beautiful eyes - the windows to her soul!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Happy Birthday Emma!
I always thought I had a connection with Emma. I thought it was from being her aunt, apparently, it is from sharing a joint hatred of soggy bread. Happy Birthday!
Happy B-day Emma!
Post a Comment