Sunday, January 23, 2011

January . . .

I can't believe we're down to the last week of January.  This month has gone by so quickly, and yet I still feel like I'm still adjusting to post-holiday life.  So, here's a quick summary of what we've been up to . . .

The boys started karate at our local YMCA.  We're really pleased with their instructor  who teaches them a lot about self-discipline and having a good heart in addition to how to protect themselves. 

The Pinewood Derby was yesterday.  B had a really fun time building his car with D - he's so like his dad in that way - loves using his hands and building things. 
I don't know why this photo refuses to turn the right way -- but it's still a fun reminder of our date with E last weekend. We went to see Wicked the Musical.  It was a wonderful experience for all of us, especially E who can still be heard around the house singing the songs from the show!

4 comments:

Suzanne Woods said...

Very cool pics. I like the PW derby car and the karate kids. And of course it's fun to see Emma on her date, even if she is sideways.

James wants to know what type of karate they are learning. He and Andrew study American Kenpo, which blends techniques from lots of martial arts.

Jenny's Joy said...

January has flown by! But, that gets us closer to getting together right? At least that is what I keep telling myself. The boys look awesome! I am sure our boys will want to learn some of their moves. And I have to apologize ... I was like Wicked... they already went and saw Wicked how did I not know that? Probably because I have been doing too much of the talking. Sorry! I'm glad you had such a great time!

Summertime Designs said...

So great! That reminds me I need to send you the picture of your family at Wicked. That was an amazing experience, wasn't it? Love that your boys are in Karate. And I know what you mean...I can't believe January has flown by so fast already!

Jaimee said...

What a great month you guys have had! Our boys just started karate, too---don't they look darling in their little GIs! So fun that you took Emma to Wicked---I bet she loved it! I can't wait for it to come around again because I love it! Hope you guys are doing well.

Followers