My memory isn't great, in fact I rely a lot on my sister to recount a lot of my childhood. Thank goodness she has an amazing memory! It may be a sign of early Alzheimer's, but regardless I find it interesting that I have a clear memory of an obscure conversation with my dad when I was about 13 or 14. He had taken a trip to Tucson, Arizona -- a place I had never heard of. He came back telling us it had been 110 degrees --and I said, "Who would want to live there?!" I could not fathom someone willingly living in that kind of heat. And now many moons later I am here raising my little family. I still miss big lawns and shady trees. I haven't developed a love for rock yards or cactus, BUT I LOVE November through March in Tucson. We enjoy 60 to 70 degree weather, sunshine most days and light breezes. Ahhhh! I really love it! Yesterday we were able to participate in a Family Fun Run/Ride to celebrate the opening of a new overpass that has been 6 years in the making -- hurray! D and B biked the 16K, E and her BFF ran the 5K, and I ran/walked/limped (I developed a bruise on the bottom of my foot the day before the race) the 5K with Br and S in and out of the stroller -- amazingly we still managed the cross the finish line in just 48 minutes. So maybe this little post will entice some of you to come for a visit -- this is the time of year to come!
Sunday, November 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yes, you are tempting me!
Post a Comment